Thursday, April 3, 2008

Alive - barely

Well, Nati has decided to take full advantage of being brother & sister-less this week and get some good, quality time with Mommy and Daddy. Unfortunately, her timing is a tad off, as she's choosing to do so at 2:30 in the morning.

The past two nights have been horrible. I guess that's what I get for bragging that my 3 month old is sleeping through the night. I've had a total of maybe 6 hours sleep in the past two nights. Mike has slightly more.

My bronchitis is getting slightly better, with a full-on smoker's cough-thing going on today. I haven't been doing my breathing treatments like I should because the albuterol gives me the serious shakes. Nati is coughing a lot more right now too. Poor thing.

Speaking of coughing, and I do feel incredibly humble writing this, I've been following a blog for quite some time now about a new mother and her journey with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). Confessions of a CF Husband is a blog written by Nate (husband and new Daddy) about his wife's journey with CF, birth of their miracle baby girl and her wait for a double lung transplant. His faith in God through all this is unimaginable and so inspiring. Well, millions of prayers have been answered - last night, Tricia received her double lung transplant. Our God is amazing. Go read about his two miracles, Tricia and Gwyneth.

So, today I've been a bit bored at work and have been messing around with photoshop. Here's my newest creation. I really like the edgy look of photos I'm seeing more and more. The problem is that I don't have a lot of photos that warrant an edgy look. So, Nati becomes edgy today:

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, yes: very edgy!

I always hated 2:30 am play times with my babies. Argh! Thankfully, I am not in that stage now...for at least a few more months! At 5 months, Maisie only wants to eat at night, not play:) Hang in there!

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I would have emailed you back, but your email address isn't hooked to your comment. Anyway, my sling is from www.kangarookorner.com. It's the fleece pouch sling. We have three of them. They are just great!

Raising Baby Bee said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh.. Thank you for responding! Hopefully your "grain of rice" will be easy on you at 2:30. :)