Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why blog?

I've never been a blogger - more of a chatter or even a forum-lurker and I'm not a particularly gifted or elequoent writer, but to coin a current Johnson&Johnson ad campaign "having a baby changes everything".

Since the day I found out I was pregnant with my Baby Bee, my favorite pasttime has been to talk about her. And now that she's here - oh, look out! I try to be conscious about gushing over her in particular company, and try to only forward 3 photos MAX at a time in emails. The problem is that I don't ever stop thinking about her.

My office is plastered with photos of her, as well as my computer desktop. I hum the tune to her new favorite toy all day at work. I look forward to closing my door 3x a day to pump breastmilk for her, as it's sort of a bonding time of sorts even though I'm not with her. And I admit, I do 5 - 10 mph over the speed limit on I-95 on the way to pick her up from daycare at the end of the day.

God blessed me with the most beautiful, perfect daughter. Some days I wonder what I did that was so right that He felt I was worthy enough for her. She's my heart, my soul and the air I breathe. It's amazing how this small, little, helpless person can have the biggest impact on me - she's made me a Mommy.

So... Here's my Baby Bee, Natalie. Born December 20, 2007. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of her to come!

0 comments: