Sunday, August 17, 2008

Firsts

I realize that as I get older... my experiences of "firsts" get smaller. As a young child, you have "firsts" all the time. Your first step, your first word, your first day at kindergarten. Our young life is defined by these firsts.

As an adult, it seems like our firsts in life get fewer and farther inbetween. Is it that we experience less as we get older, or do we not make such a distinction in the experiences in our lives?

I had a "first" today.

(are you sick of close-up photos of my leg yet?)

It was my first time I got stung by a wasp (or bee or anything with a stinger).

After the initial explatives, I started thinking about what other firsts I have experienced lately... it took me a while to really come up with some.

It made me realize that I need to make a point to really seek out some "firsts" in my adult life. I tend to get too caught up in my day to day life and forget the great joy of experiencing something for the first time.

So.. tell me, what are some "firsts" you've experienced lately??

0 comments: