Welcome, Carnival of Breastfeeding readers!!!
This is a repost from a few months ago....
This is the sign that hangs on my door when I'm pumping.
I'm lucky - I have my own office with a door and a LOCK! People shove papers under the door for me when needed and they're aware that if they call me on the phone, they will hear the rythmic gugshing of my pump in the background.
3 times a day, I pump so my little Nati has food for tomorrow. I've learned some very important things about pumping:
1. Medela Quick Clean Wipes are the best $18.00 I'll ever spend
2. Lansinoh helps keep my pump horns on by themselves so I can be hands-free
3. Leaving my pump in the office all week saves trips back and forth to my car
4. Playing online video games stimulates my let-down (so do cold pump horns)
5. Pumping makes me still feel like a Mommy when I'm at work
Pumping and Breastfeeding is hard work. Worrying about what bottles are best for her, how much she should be eating, getting no sleep at night because she's still being breastfed, getting those looks from coworkers when I close my door.
Would I do it all over again if I had the choice?
You bet your sweet pump horns I would.
Now, enjoy the following participants posts in this month's Carnival of Breastfeeding (links activated when the posts are up!):
Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog
Mama Knows Breast
Adventures of a Breastfeeding Mother
The Attached Mother
Mike and Tonis