Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gassy

Natalie has been getting increasingly gassy lately. She's always been gassy, but lately it's been so much worse. She's waking up 4 - 5 times at night for an hour at a time ( you do the math) just screaming and, um excreting gas throughout the day.

I've tried to look at what I'm eating, but haven't really been eating anything excessive. But after reading Kelly Mom's article on gas, It seems like my diet has less of a chance of being what's causing her discomfort.

We started solids about 5-1/2 months. We cut out solids last week (thinking they may be causing her gas) and after a week with no change, started them up again. She has had a decrease in the number of BMs lately - which I'm sure aren't helping the issue. She's now 6 months and according to Kellymom, she should be able to handle the solids, with some enzymes not appearing in her system until possibly 7 months.

We've been giving her Mylecon and probiotics, but nothing seems to help.

I think we'll stop solids again and see what happens. I hate to keep flip-flopping her like this, but I just don't know what else to do.

0 comments: