Saturday, December 17, 2011

Favorite Things Party - 2011


Because Sara of Thrifty Decor Chick asked me to, I'm going to share Volume #2 of my Favorite Things! (See Volume #1 here). I'm never at a loss for things that are "Fabulous" or "Amazing". Just ask my family - they say they're my buzz-word!

Without further ado.....



(1)

Firecracker Chocolate by Chuao Chocolatier





Oh Lord, Almighty! Where do I start with this one? Dark chocolate? check. Chipolte? check. Sea Salt? check. Popping candy? check. Wha......???? Yep, popping candy in chocolate. What an AMAZING concept! When you first bite, the creamy dark chocolate starts melting, then if you press the chocolate against the roof of your mouth, the popping candy start's it's magic and goes all "Pop Rocks" in your mouth. Then, once you swallow, if you wait about 5 seconds, the chipolte hits the back of your throat. Aah.... perfection. I received a sample in my Birchbox a few months ago and it was love at first bite. The best part? You can buy it at the WalMarts for about $3.00!





(2)

Seche Vite Top Coat by Seche



This is my required item for doing manicures at home!  Seche Vite only takes about 10 minutes to totally dry my manicure.  And since I typically do my nails in the evening, this means no more sheet prints!  YIPPEE!!!!


(3)
Jordana Easyshine Lip Color
I found out about this gem about a month or so ago from Nouveau Cheap.  Can you believe these are only $1.99???  What I love about these lip colors is that they are more of a sheer lip and very moisturizing.  They also have fun smells - like the Berry Colada smells like berries and the Sugar Cookie smells like cookies!!!  For the price, I'm able to stock up on several colors!  LOVE THESE!!!  They're available at Walgreens.


(4)
Parenthood


I saw a random episode of this show here and there, but after I ran out of my Glee episodes on Netflix, started on this series.  I'm HOOKED!  This NBC show is a spin off of the Steve Martin movie of the same title.  It's the story of a typical family, each with their own dramas.  But the common theme is that regardless of what each is going through, they are there to support each other.  I laugh out loud so much from this show.  Great for anyone with siblings - you'll definitely relate!


(5)
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy


Let's go Daddy-O!!!!  How I love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (BBVD)!!!!  I started listening to them during my swing days and even got Hubby addicted to them as well!  This band is so full of energy and kickin horns.  They are truly the best show I've ever seen (and I've seen them about 5 times!!!).  Their class and tight sound have me a fan for life (and I totally have a crush on Karl {the tenor sax player}).  Here's a link to their website with a promo video that shows some of their best bits.  BBVD is the total package – superior music, choreography, rhythm, passion, connection with the crowd.


So, there's a list of some of my recent favorites!  Hope you enjoy and maybe find some new favorites of your own!

















0 comments: