Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not so Happy Birthday

Oh my god. This whole weekend has sucked SO BAD. I've been on the verge of tears (and in tears) all weekend.

The kids (my kids and my sisters kids) were screaming and running around and my nerves were SHOT. Natalie was very fussy all night. She could have cared less about tearing the paper on her presents and when I tried to get her to sit with me and try to tear the paper she screamed.

So, after dinner we tried the cake smashing and she screamed (not cried... screamed) the whole time. She never even stuck her hand in there. We finally tried to take her hand and tried to put it in the cake but she screamed even harder, then she grabbed the cake and threw it on the ground. We picked it back up and but it on the highchair and put her hands in it. She was basically a huge pain in the ass the entire day.







To say this isn't how I expectected my daughter's first birthday to play out would be an understatement.

I took her to Sears this morning to have her 1 year pictures taken. Luckily I took Mom with me too. Natalie wouldn't hold still at all. She won't sit, she won't stand, she RUNS, then screams. We were lucky to get these photos. She finally sat down for a second while we snapped the cake photos. I gave her her bottle and that's the only way we were able to get her to sit.

Just what I wanted... a photo of my daughter, who I have breastfed for a year, to have her photo taken with a bottle (even though it is breastmilk in there). And on top of it - the photos SUCK. They're out of focus and the backgrounds are all wrinkled. I bought a CD with a photo release so I can try to edit them. I know it's Sears... but shit, if you're going to do photography, then do it right! Guess I've been spending too much time at [URL="http://www.ilovephotography.com"]http://www.ilovephotography.com[/URL]





2 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so sorry. I myself just wrote about expectations and reality. But what I really wanted to say, is I recently watched some video John did of William's birthday and I was mortified to find bottles on my counter. I was working then. Oh, I've come along way...

Trish Chibas said... Best Blogger Tips

Bri did not enjoy her 1st Bday either. It drove me nuts cause we had a big shin dig and she wanted me to hold her the whole time. I put her hand in her cake and she freaked! I totally know how ya feel. The pics are adorable. I love them. Why do you guys go to Sears though when you take amazing pics?