Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Elf on the Shelf


This year we joined in with, seemingly half of Pinterest members, and got our own Elf on the Shelf at Tar-jay.

Bernard showed up in the middle of the night, climbed our undecorated Christmas tree and left a note written by The Big Guy himself.



Here's what the note said:

"My Dear Sweet Christian, Anilyse and Natalie,


I have many, many children to watch this year and have sent a few of my elves to some very special homes to help me keep an eye on the children there. This magic elf will send me an e-mail or fly to the North Pole every night while you are sleeping to report to me. These elves help me make the naughty and nice list, so you can be sure that this elf is watching you! I’m sure you’ll be put on the nice list!

I hope you will take care of my little elf. His name is Bernard. He is a new elf and still has a lot to learn and he is so excited to be visiting your home! But, be careful, some elves are known to get into some trouble or go on some great adventures!

Remember to be gentle. Although he is a magic elf, he is very delicate. You can talk to him (he is a very good listener) but must not play with him. Too much handling will cause him to lose his magic!

On Christmas Eve, when I deliver your toys, I will bring your little elf back to the North Pole with me. If you have done a good job taking care of my precious elf, I might send him to visit you again next year!

Love and kisses,
Santa


p.s. Please don’t forget to leave me milk and cookies on Christmas Eve! I loved the ones you left me last year! Prancer especially liked the carrots!"


The kids didn't know what to think about him at first - Natalie was cranky from waking up and wanted nothing to do with him, Christian seemed dubious and Anilyse thought it was very cool. We'll see what they say about him tonight when they've had a chance to mull it all over today at school.


I'm looking forward to seeing what Bernard does tonight!

0 comments: